* One lint coated breath mint
* A faded receipt from a Star Trek convention along with one rubber Spock ear
* Fossilized stick of gum from 2001
* A key to a piece-of-crap minivan I unloaded 10 years ago
* Wadded-up tissue that had disintegrated into a pile of white ash
* A used strand of floss from a steak house
* An unwrapped tampon that had swelled up to the size of an airline pillow
* An uncapped, hairy stick of lip balm
* A petrified granola bar
* Ticket stubs to an outdoor concert where the Hubs got smashed and stumbled into the ladies room
* A champagne cork and two sea shells from a night of celebrating on the beach when we...well, you know...
* An arm from a Batman action figure
* Two quarters, a Heineken beer bottle cap and a baby's pacifier (sounds like a party to me!)
* A Barbie doll head. No comment.
* A cocktail napkin from Al and Suzy's wedding...the party lasted
longer than the marriage
* A matchbook from a hotel in Orlando where the fire alarm went off at 3:00 a.m. and we were herded like cattle out into the parking lot. I learned that people at that hour of the morning look like they belong in a circus act or an episode of Swamp People
After much consideration, I decided to leave the contents in the pockets---it was a time capsule of sorts. One day my kids will inherit the jacket and wonder about the contents. I like to keep them guessing.